Sunday, January 29, 2012

"My Rockstar"

You don't expect a doctors appointment to make you feel like you met a rock star, but then again who does?  It was back to "Seattle Grace" for a follow-up on my back and yes, of course, sitting and waiting to be seen in walks another Dr. McDreamy.  Does this office even employ any doctors who are not super attractive or what?  I am not complaining mind you.  Xrays, exam, and then a few questions on my part and off goes the "baby doc" to talk to my surgeon. 

Did I expect to see him under more normal circumstances than under the influence of morphine or let's face it flat out on my face with my not so best side showing for well, 7 hours?  Great, I guess if you are doing back surgery that is what you see of most people.  5 minutes later and in he walks, and I am reduced to being star struck.  This is the man who literally put my vertebrae back together, he is part of the reason that my spinal cord is not more damaged than it is.  He is my hero. 

I maintain composure and ask all my questions which he answers patiently.  Wow, he is so calm, cool and really nice.  He shows me the MRI imaging and which piece of vertebrae caused the spinal cord damage.  He is kind, patient and really helped me understand so much more about where I am now, Wow!  I am on cloud 9 for the rest of the day and into the next.  Thanks Dr. B and crew at The Spine Clinic at Harborview , the Hospital, and Rehab you all Rock!  This is how I choose to recognize the anniversary of the day that changed my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment