Saturday, July 16, 2011

What is Hope?

I have always been a hopeful person.  I look forward, I plan and I can't wait for the next thing that I am looking forward to.  So when you have hope you really have everything.  My version of hope has changed now.  I still look forward to finally getting our house in Arizona, to an upcoming trip, to the horse show next week, but I also hope for some different things. 

It has been nearly 6 months since my fall off of the horse and that day I hoped I would walk again, which I am doing.  I don't walk quite the same, but I hope one day to not feel like my right leg is like wood and I hope that my right foot will work the same way it did before.  I hope that one day I will forget the metal in my back and just feel like I did before.  I hope that I can live my life as I had planned.  I hope that I don't need more surgery, that my back remains stable, and that my feet stop tingling.  I still hope to ride as I had planned on my dream horse and to accomplish my riding dreams.  Today I remain hopeful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment