Friday, June 24, 2011

How to Reinvent Your Life?

I have come to the realization that my life has fundamentally changed.  I am not the same person I was just 6 months ago physically and mentally.  Remaining in denial about that has been a bit of a protected place to be, but I need to move out of the space and figure out how I reinvent my life.  We all do it is small ways and some in much larger ways - hey take Madonna, the material girl knows how to transform her life, right ?   So how do you start all over?  I would love thoughts and suggestions as I begin to venture down this path.

I know for starters I need a new hobby - something to do more than I am right now.  I was so accustom to all the physical things I use to do - the boot camp exercise class, pilates, riding none of which I can do now if ever. I kept so busy with my active pursuits that not having them has made life seem so slow in some respects.  I am contemplating exploring photography and am beginning to look at cameras with that in mind.  Maybe I will take a class on photography to help explore that more. 

There are a few things I know I am not going to be doing knitting being one of them:).  I just am not that crafty or artistic to do painting or some pursuit such as that.  It took years for me to find horses and the passion I have for them just grew and grew.  The excitement of spending my time at the barn, riding or getting ready for a show is just too hard to put in to word.  There are few things in life that can really get you jazzed so when you find it you know that you don't want to do anything else but that. 

There is a horse show this weekend in Walla Walla which is one of my favorite places to go to a show.  It is usually warm this time of year and I have always like the arena and grounds as well as the city.  Driving over is long, but taking time for a little wine tasting always breaks up the trip.  A stop off in Prosser one year allowed the hubby and me to find "Johns Port" which to this day is one of the more amazing ports I have ever tasted - Yakima Valley Vineyards.  As I think of Walla Walla and the show this weekend I wish all my fellow paint horse riders  best wishes for a great show and I sit here thinking of you all and wish I were there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment