Friday, April 1, 2011

The Universe is Random - or is it?

I have often wondered why this happened to me?  Ok, so who wouldn't have that thought given similar circumstances?  Maybe it will never truly be revealed to me, or maybe things don't happen for a reason?  I have always lived by the thought that nothing is ever really random, but is that true?  If it is why do bad things happen to good people?  I don't have the answer to that, but based on experience I can just speculate.

When I contemplated that question I believe that It can be so that we are able to learn from it?  It can be because that  is how things are destined to be?  It can be because...... It can be for so many reasons that I am wondering why I even decided to do this post.  Or, is it because the universe is really that random?  I would hope not.

 I think that even after all that this accident has put me through I would choose to determine it being random is not true.  The universe cannot be that random can it?  I know there is a lesson for me in all of this. I don't know what that lesson is just yet.   I hope to one day be able to determine with certainly and to definitively say what it is or it is not, but right now I am still very confused. 

What I do know it that today I was a better person.   Today, I found empathy and compassion for my fellow man.  Today, I was all that I could hope for in my job and what I get to do to earn my keep on this universe and for that and that alone I am OK with where I am..............because of my experience today.

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment